Sunday, September 12, 2010

Though rainy, another great day of rehearsal in the city. Today met with vocal coach and co-director, Amy Stoller. More refinements on the text. Very happy to run entire show. Vocally hoarse. Ricky (Amy's cute little dog) approved of everything I did! He looked quite dignified as Amy gave me notes, as if to say "Now pay attention here!" I am still tending toward rushing moments especially in the Pride and Prejudice section. But I enjoyed trying out the new ideas Susan gave me too. I took so many notes I hope I remember which ones are the new ones. Feels so good to be up on my feet acting again! Don't know where or how I can find my way into another show but ... somehow. I know I am a better actor now than I have ever been. Isn't it funny that by the time you learn enough of everything, you're almost too old to do anything? But Susan actually said yesterday that I was too young for a part in a show she is directing. This was very gratifying. Nice being told I am too young for something. "My black cap was openly admired by Mrs. Lefroy, and secretly I imagine by everybody else in the room." Jane Austen Letter to Cassandra, 24-6 December 1798.

No comments: