Saturday, September 16, 2006

We have arrived in Bath. The trip was uneventful except for some lightening and turbulence coming out of Newark. One of the stewards on the flight was a real gem - I think he was French. He made everyone laugh. It's hard not to be crabby in coach but he really took everyone to another laughing level. He kept dropping plastic cups on my head! I think it might be lucky! The sky is here in Bath is overcast rendering the city somehow more intimate. Have been at the Jane Austen Centre and cast my James and Mary! As we walked into the Centre, a tall gentleman dressed as Captain Wentworth strode boldly into the gift shop making every girl there giggle by requesting a tape of Darcy's bathing scene from P &P. I don't remember a bathing scene?! Captain Wentworth turned out to be from Columbia, MO, Dr. Gainor and his lovely wife. There are many Austenites here already walking the streets in costume. Very exciting, stimulating, inspiring! I prefer to remain a bit "incognito" today as the dark circles betray a bit of jet lag.

No comments: