Friday, September 15, 2006

Jane Austen Leaves for BATH!
Today is the day. Much rushing around, up and down steps, first thing this morning: a full run thru of "Cheer from Chawton: A Jane Austen Family Theatrical". With each run-thru, I feel I have more of a handle on this show, more of the calmness that Jane herself would have. I kept running out of breath though - I think from excitement. Then packing everything up into one suitcase. No liquids in carry on. Thank goodness they allow carry on! Instead of all my make up, I have my shoes, scripts, books. What to take, Jane Austen of course - a bio by her nephew - Edward Austen Leigh and Catherine and Other writings edited by that goddess of 18th century scholarship, Margaret Doody and Doug Murray - a friend of mine - I did Aphra Behn for him at Belmont College in Tennessee. Belmont, I remember had a breathtaking, southern style, gracious campus, with Italianate statues and willow trees everywhere. Enough said there. My next entree will be in Bath!

No comments: