Sunday, April 10, 2011


Rehearsing Jane today with props. Working on word endings. One gets lazy, you see. So I am back at it and really having fun. I love the idea that anything can happen (within reason)! Worked on differentiating the physicality of all the characters Jane plays. Amazing that ballroom dancing makes me much more conscious of my body in space. If I were running an MFA program I would make yoga and ballroom dancing part of the required curiculum. What is the well-rounded performer? With so much (technique) out there, sometimes the basics get left behind. Moving and speaking, not just so one is in character, but so one is communicating that character with an audience. Communication must never be left behind. I love all aspects of the theatre and some would say, in my old age, have an appreciation that I never had when I was younger. So this bit of acting I get to do in "Cheer from Chawton" and the writing I get to do on "Belles" I really have come to cherish.

No comments: