Monday, April 11, 2011

Photo by Owen Benson


Every day is a fun day. Even when there are challenges. Even when everybody in the house has a cold. Working though, lots on my mind. Today worked through the first half of Jane. Focused on my posture and the body types of Mr. Bennet, Mrs. Bennet, the Dutchess, Mr. and Mrs. Harcourt and Miss Tilney. The silliness must still be based in reality. Even though I was tired from running around, I still feel joy from doing this work. Couldn't get it out of my mind that Michael Kahn said he might come to see the show at the EAG. But I'm sure he says that to all his ex-students to give them encouragement without really meaning to come. I guess, after all these years, I feel like someone that is as big a deal as he is wouldn't come to a play by little old me. But then there is part of me that loves to hope and loves to imagine it. I feel I can say almost anything I want here, secretly, I think I am the only one that reads my blog! So how can it matter if I express a little self doubt here? It just happens some times. I'm working on "Belles" too. I've found a really nice ending for the play, I think. Like the idea of continuing the Ballroom Dance motif throughout. Photo taken by Owen Benson at the 10th Annual Jane Austen Festival in Bath, UK.

No comments: