Friday, January 25, 2008

Omaha, Nebraska, at the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival Region V Conference. A massive conference, bigger than I ever knew in undergrad or grad school. Some 1500 students. A joy to find two of my favorite playwrights here, the thoughtful and awesome Kate Snodgrass and the endlessly imaginative Elaine Romero! Was honored that they both came to my performance of Love Arm'd, Aphra Behn & Her Pen. David Crespy keeps calling us all the "daughters of Aphra"! Lots of fun with this. Came down with the most terrible cold, wasn't sure I'd make it thru. Space huge, used lots of voice. Had to preserve energy at the tech. Surrounded with young women at end, very happy with how it went in spite of my illness. Tried to use the fact I was sick. After all, AB is sick in this play. Worked thru as well as I could, determined not to let people down.

No comments: